I am a graphic designer, illustrator, and marketing strategist based in Chicago, IL, working primarily with musical artists, record labels, and music blogs. My design is minimal and curious to develop interest, engage customers, and generate traffic; web or foot. From the unorganized independent rapper to the highly structured Fortune 500 company, I have experience in dealing directly with a wide variety of clients and their teams to produce engaging and practical design. I am a hard-working team member and a quick learner, with strong problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Entrepreneurial Studies
Institution: Foster School of Business, Bradley University, 2016
Freelance Art Director and Graphic Designer
Chicago, IL, May 2015-Current
- Concurrently design and fulfill print needs including content development, marketing rollout, photography, andpackaging for multiple long-term and high-profile clients.
- Successfully manage projects including task delegation, coordination, scheduling, and organization.
- Consistently meet client expectations and deadlines, 100% of the time.
- Excellent customer service and maintenance of client relationships.
Long term clients:
Content Carnivores (https://contentcarnivores.com/)
Content Development and Digital Marketing Solutions, Chicago IL, September 2017-current
- Translate client ideas from business briefs to fully developed products and campaigns with proven results.
- Develop web content including ads, gifs, banners, video storyboards, and websites for more than 20 clients,generating web traffic and engaging customers.
- Designed and created the entirety of Demy Colton’s Biotech Showcase visuals; created 40 templates and ads formore than 200 participating companies.
- Design multiple social media ads exceeding 25,000 impressions.
Closed Sessions ( http://www.closedsessions.com/ )
Record Label, Chicago, IL, 2015-current
- Translate musicians’ ideas to artistically represent their music into original album artwork for internet andphysical releases.
- Conceptualize and execute the art direction for four albums for high profile music artists garnering 10M+streams.
- Create well-polished, compelling promotional content for multiple artists listed in Rolling Stone magazine,Pitchfork, and Stereogum as national artists to watch.
- Contribute as a member of the creative team to develop marketing strategies for client outreach increasingTwitter and Instagram followers by 20% and 30% respectively from January 2016 to November 2016.
Graphic Designer at IMPACT365
Event Planning Firm, Chicago IL, May 2016-March 2017
- Developed marketing campaigns and materials for 21 events over the course of nine months, garnering an averageof 300 guests per event.
- Solely developed all graphics which consisted of logos, print materials, websites, web content, and all printingneeds while maintaining client relations for over 15 clients.
- Assisted at events, managed customer interactions, and up-sold clients to reach/exceed fundraising goals. Allclients met their fundraising benchmark of anywhere between $50,000 and $200,000 per event depending onclient goals.
- Boiler Room
- Closed Sessions
- Concordia Place
- Content Carnivores
- Demy Colton
- Ford Motors
- House of Vans
- Kweku Collins
- Mercy Home Chicago
- Mosaic Marketing
- Soho House Chicago
- Soundscape Studios
- The Chicago Lighthouse
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Template site development (Wordpress, Squarespace, etc.)
- Video editing software
- Manual illustration
- Hand lettering
- Client relations
- Database Maintenance
- Work ethic
- Leadership and cooperation
- Contract negotiation
- Art direction
Phone: (952) 797-6498